Ham Friendly Home For Sale
- 8 acres on Harstine Island, just 50 miles SSW of Seattle.
- Enjoy privacy, tranquility and a relaxed island vibe.
- Attached cedar deck, RV pad with hookups, greenhouse.
- Two 160 foot AB-105 towers with Yagi stacks 10-40m
- Designed to be competitive SO2R or M/2 contest station.
Asking Price: $450,000
For More Pictures and Details, see below.
For any questions, use the Inquiry Form below.
1301 E Jared Rd
Shelton, WA 98584
- This located about 50 miles SSW of Seattle, on Harstine Island (there is a bridge)
- There is public transportation available (bus and ferry) to Seattle for someone who is in a hybrid work situation.
Home & Property Highlights
- The property is a total of 8 acres divided into 3 separate parcels each with power and community well connections possible.
- It is at the end of a 1.4 mile private road where you can enjoy privacy, tranquility and a relaxed island vibe. There is a $400 per year “road association” fee, which takes care of any road maintenance for all 3 land parcels. There is no HOA or associated restrictions.
- The home has 2 bedrooms, plus a sleeping area in the loft, and another sleeping area for radio ops. Total square footage is about 1200.
- Full bathroom on the first floor with a pocket door to the master bedroom.
- There is a half bathroom in the loft near the shack operating position.
- While the house is small, there is a spacious living area with 18 ft ceilings (check out the photos).
- The house was stick built and completed in 2013.
- The home includes all appliances (2 years old).
- The home has a 500 sq ft cedar deck area.
- Home heating is via a radiant floor (hydronic, see photo) but there is also a wood burning stove (rarely used).
- Large 1/4 acre garden
- Large 8×20 feet greenhouse.
- A separate 16 x 26 foot RV pad with power and septic hookups (runs to house septic)
- The water supply is a private well rated at 30 gpm (community well) with a complete water treatment system. The water quality is excellent.
Ham Radio Highlights
- No Home Owners Association (HOA)
- There are 2 160ft towers with Orion PX 2800 rotators. Towers are 24″ wide AB-105. Both towers were approved by the County, with building permits.
- Engineering work was done by Hank Lonberg KR7X.
- The guy anchors feature over 60 yards of concrete (with elevated guy attachment points).
- The towers/antennas are engineered to withstand 85 mph winds.
- There are 2 600′ reversible beverage antennas oriented NW/SE and NE/SW in a very quiet RF location.
- The towers are oriented in a line to EU so 3/8 wave phased verticals for 160M are possible.
- There are separate hardline feeds for each band. Currently the station is configured for SO2R but Multi 2 is possible).
- The station is on high ground with perfect takeoffs to JA/OC with good line of sight to EU (or everywhere really).
- Vertical for 160
- Inverted Vs for 80
- 2 over 2 stack for 40M (There is enough aluminum for 4 40M moxons)
- 6 over 6 for 20M (60 foot booms)
- 6 over 6 for 15M
- 6 over 6 for 10M
- There are a number of 20 amp circuits that were run to the operating position with 2 220V 30 amp circuits for multiple KW amplifiers.
- The house was designed to be a competitive contest station.
- Included in the sale will be a 2 x 8 switching system, WX0B stack matches, Green Heron rotator controllers.
- Radios and amp are not included.
- $450,000, including towers, antennas and other equipment listed above.
- For inquiries, please use the contact form below.
Get Notified of New Listings!
Enter email and click "Subscribe" and we'll send you an email each time a new home is listed!