Plain City (Columbus), Ohio
Ham Friendly Home For Sale
4.46 Acres in Darby Lakes Community
US Tower MA-550 55 ft. Crank-Up Tower
4300+ Sq.Ft Home, 5 Bedroom, 3.5 Bath
Private Community Beach & Three Lakes
Location: Plain City, OH (NW of Columbus)
Asking Price: $664,900
For More Pictures and Details, see below.
For any questions, use the Inquiry Form below.
- 400 Darbyton Dr., Plain City, Ohio [Google Maps]
- Village of Plain City, population 4,225 – Madison County
- 15 Minutes to Columbus Ohio, 2.5 hrs to Indianapolis, IN
Home and Property Highlights
- 4300+ Sq.Ft home built in 1999, on 4.46 acres of land, in the coveted gated community of Darby Lakes.
- Private community beach and three lakes available for wading, fishing, and boating.
- 5 bedrooms, 3.5 baths – Large bedrooms and closets.
- 1000+ sq.ft. finished basement, plus large storage area, office, custom cabinets, fireplace.
- 20kw Back-up generator with buried 500 gallon propane tank
- Heated 3 car garage
- Exterior 50 amp RV hookup
- Interior fire suppression system
- Kinetico water system
- ADT alarm
- Bose surround sound
Ham Radio Highlights
US Tower MA-550 crank up tower
Rotor: Yaesu G-1000DXA
Antenna: KLM KT34A tribander
Antenna: OCF Dipole 160-6 meters (Balun Designs OCF Hybrid 4:1-1:1 Balun)
Antenna: 2m J-Pole in attic
Antenna: Coax hookup for vertical UHF/VHF vertical antenna at the base of the chimney. Bracketts from the previous antenna (which broke) still on the chimney.
Addition antenna structures on property subject to HOA review (historically have never had an issue)
Heavy duty ground system for tower and radio station. Ham shack can be in the basement or main level office. Ham shack spaces have dedicated 20 amp service.
Conduits (2) that go from basement to attic to allow for easy coax runs for additional antennas in the attic.
Very active ham radio club in the area (Madison County Amateur Radio Club)
Get Notified of New Listings!
Enter email and click "Subscribe" and we'll send you an email each time a new home is listed!