Ham Friendly Home For Sale
- 5 Acre Hilltop location, just 25 Mins to Huntsville.
- 2380 Sq. Ft Home w/ 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths.
- 3 Towers (80′ Rohn 55, 80′ Rohn 45, 40′ Rohn 25).
- Big HF and VHF Antenna System included.
Asking Price: $379,000
For More Pictures and Details, see below.
For any questions, use the Inquiry Form below.
K4XR Home For Sale
1341 Keel Mountain Rd
Gurley, AL 35748
- Home is on an “Alabama mountain”. The elevation is around 1540 feet which is about 1000 feet above the surrounding valley.
- Drive time to Huntsville is 25 minutes with two of the Redstone Arsenal gates 25 to 30 minutes
- There are two smaller grocery stores, a nice sized hardware store, several fast food
restaurants, coffee shop, and two sit down restaurant within 5 minutes.
- A large Publix grocery, Walmart, and a number of restaurants are 15 minutes away in Hampton Cove.
Home and Property Highlights
- 3 Bedroom, 2 full bath, 2380 sq ft +/- home with Two car garage.
- Large master suite with garden tub, tiled shower, and private toilet area.
- There is hardwood flooring throughout the house with the exception of the baths and sunroom (tiled) and the laundry room which has linoleum.
- The home was constructed in 1992. It is brick on 3 sides, and largely brick on the 4th (back)
- Counter tops in kitchen and baths are granite.
- Very large unfinished, but floored attic (at least 1000 sq ft easily finishable).
- The home is extremely well insulated. In the last five years, only one utility bill exceeded $200, and that was this year when watering zoysia sod that was installed in April. The home is on Huntsville utilities and the bill includes electricity, water, and garbage pickup.
- Five acres of land, of which 3.5 acres are heavily wooded with mostly hardwoods.
- The approximately 1.5 acres that the house is located on is fenced and has successfully
contained our two dogs.
- The home is located about 450 ft from the road, and is accessed by a concrete driveway.
- The home cannot be seen from the road in most of the Spring, Summer, Fall.
- There is also a gate at the road that can be used to block access to the driveway.
- There is a covered concrete pad that the previous owner used to store his motor home. The covered pad is located about 200 ft from the home, but well within the property boundary.
Ham Radio Highlights
- There are three towers located on the property. The intent is to leave the towers, antennas,
rotors, and feed lines.
- TOWER #1: 80 ft Rohn 55 Tower with a Hy-Gain TH-7DXX 7-element 10-20m Yagi, a Cushcraft 4-element beam for 6 meters, and a Mosley TW-33-XL yagi for 30, 17 and 12 meters. Rotors are a Tailtwister and Ham 4. Antennas are fed with two lengths of hardline, and an Ameritron coax switch.
- TOWER #2: 80 ft Rohn 45 Tower with a M2 6M7JHV 7-element beam for 6 meters, a M2 2M18XXX 18-element yagi for 2 meters, a M2 222-7WL 23-element yagi for 222 Mhz, a M2 432-9WL 28-element yagi for 70cm, and a small 2M/440 vertical. The antennas are fed with two runs of 7/8 Andrews, one run of 1 5/8 Andrews, plus some runs of LMR400 and Davis Bury-Flex. The antennas are rotated by a Yaesu G1000. All of the antennas are mounted on a hazer-like device
that works absolutely trouble free.
- TOWER #3: 40 ft Rohn 25 Tower, currently with no antennas. It also has a hazer like device that was in the process of assembly when the decision was made to move.
Get Notified of New Listings!
Enter email and click "Subscribe" and we'll send you an email each time a new home is listed!