Home for Sale
10 year old custom built home on 15 acres
Two Towers (160′ & 100′) and 160m-6m Antennas Included!
360 Happy Hill Rd — just 5 miles from downtown Carrollton!
Carrollton, GA 30116
$589,000 – Includes Furnishings as described below
For More Pictures and Details, see below.
For any questions, use the Inquiry Form below.
Message from the owner:
This is my perfect ham home but I am ready to move to the panhandle of Florida and build a retirement / ham home near the beach. The ideal new owner of my property might be:
- Airline pilot
- College professor (two nearby growing colleges)
- Anyone with a family that likes to swim and have horses/livestock.
- Ham radio operator, of course!
Everything works and home is move-in ready! See below for the Inquiry Form to ask any questions you might have.
73 – Steve K4JPD
- Carrollton is in Western Georgia and has a population of approximately 25,500.
- Largest local employers: Southwire and Greenway Medical Software.
- Carrollton is a college town, home to the University of West Georgia (10 miles) and West Georgia Tech (5 miles)
- Carrollton High School less than 7 miles away.
- Many restaurants and shopping options are less than 10 miles away.
- Downtown Carrollton’s Square and Courthouse are less than 7 miles away.
- Home Depot, Lowe’s and Walmart all less than 6 miles away.
- Gyms / Athletic Clubs close by.
- Located about 52 miles West of Downtown Atlanta, GA
- Atlanta Airport is only 39 traffic-free miles away.
- Interstate 20, a major east/west freeway, is 15 miles away.
- Predominately horse farms in our area.
- Low Taxes, ham-friendly with no antenna restrictions.
- Very safe, low crime area.
- Great weather: Average high temp is 51°F in January, and 88°F in July
- 15 acres — About 9 acres in pasture and 6 in wood.
- 10-year-old, custom built home – 3 sides brick, one side hardy-board.
- Vinyl fascia, aluminum gutters, poured concrete foundation.
- Giant 20′ x 40′ in-ground saltwater Swimming Pool, about 12ft deep at diving end.
- Large 20′ x 40′ Barn (see further description below)
- 6 Bedrooms, 4.5 Bathrooms, 2 Fully-equipped Kitchens:
— Main Floor has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. All hardwood floors except heated tile in bathroom.
— Upper Floor has 1 bedroom and 1 bath.
— Daylight Basement/Mother-in-law Suite has 2 bedrooms and one bath, sheet-rock high ceilings.
- Two heating/cooling systems.
- Main floor also has wood burning fireplace with gas starter, basement level has fireplace with gas logs.
- Oversized 3 Car Garage.
- Black-top driveway to house.
- Circulation hot water for instant hot anywhere in house.
- County water and septic system.
- Upgraded large capacity hot water heater.
- 8 zone irrigation system
- All utilities are underground. Home has 400 amp electrical, Barn has separate 200 amp service.
- 20 Mbps Internet + Cable TV available.
- Property is totally fenced-in, with additional fence in place between house and barn.
- All fence gates are electrically operated.
- Large 20′ x 40′ Barn is located 300 feet from the house.
- 10 years old. All metal construction.
- All concrete floor interior with French drains in floor. Bath and living area is tiled.
- 3 entryways plus two roll-up 12ft garage doors on each end.
- Separate power, water and septic. 200 Amp Electrical Service, separate from the house.
- Living area is wired with 3 220v outlets (plus many 110v outlets, of course).
- Perfect for guest op location.
- 160’ high with 10’ mast out top
- 3 element M2 80 meter yagi
- Inverted V on 160M at 160’
- KT36XA Tri-Band Yagi at 65′
- DX Engineering 10 KW switch box, fed with 1 5/8″ new Andrew 50 ohm hardline
- M2 Orion Rotor
- Antennas fed with 300’ of new Andrews 1 5/8” coax
- 100’ high with 20’ mast out of top
- 4 element M2 40 yagi
- 6 element 6 meter yagi
- Two KT36XA Tri-Band yagis with Stack match (Upper/Lower/Both)
- DX Engineering 10 KW switch box
- M2 Orion rotor
- Commercial built dipoles for 80 and 40.
- All antennas are accessible in house AND in barn
- Ham friendly with No antenna restrictions.
- Super quiet — no noise for radio, Buried power.
- Everything works!