Home for Sale
Live the Dream in East Central Alabama!
Ham Radio, Fish, Hunt, Hike, Garden!
Peaceful Countryside Home with Lake on
25 Acres of Land, No HOA Restrictions.
Location: Ashland, AL (Clay County)
Asking Price: $337,000
For More Pictures and Details, see below.
For any questions, use the Inquiry Form below.
East Central Alabama Ham Home
Live the dream. Ham radio, fish, hunt, hike, garden and just soak up the peaceful countryside on approximately 25 acres in beautiful Clay County Alabama.
This was our dream home but health problems are forcing us to sell. Email me through this site for more information.
Conveniently located between Birmingham and Atlanta, in Ashland, Alabama.
Address: 3496 Cragford Rd., Ashland, AL
This home has it all!
- Three bedroom, 2 full bath home with approximately 2100 sq ft living space.
- 25 Acres of Land included, all with no Home Owner’s Association (HOA) restrictions.
- Additional acreage adjoining property can be purchased at $1700/acre, up to 69 acres total.
- Spacious 20’ x 32’ attached garage.
- 18’x 31’ carport for RV
- 24’ x 31’ garage/workshop
- 12’ x 24’ utility building with 16’ x 30’ lean-to shed
- 16’ x 16’ woodshed with Wood Doctor outdoor wood burning furnace for hydronic backup heat for home, domestic hot water and hot tub.
- The house faces a fully stocked 2.5 acre spring fed lake, 50’ from waterline.
- Two fruit/nut tree orchards contain 10 pecan, Fuji apple, Core Red apple, Golden delicious, Granny Smith and other apples, figs, Asian pear, pineapple quince, filberts, plums, Dunstan Chestnut, 80’ of muscadine and scuppernong grape trellis, blackberries, persimmons, crabapple, 12 blueberry bushes, Jerusalem artichokes, and many ornamental trees and shrubs.
- Lake water irrigation system with 6 water faucets and 1/2 hp submersible pump, city water and well water backup. Many more amenities not mentioned.
- Grid tied with battery backup, 7.2 kWh solar system allows you to live on the grid or off. Quality Outback Radian GS8048 inverter in all metal inverter shack has no RFI and powers all critical loads, including the ham shack.
Ham Radio Highlights:
- Underground utility to house.
- Low RFI, rural setting.
- No HOA rules or county prohibitions.
- Shack includes IC-7300 with Yamaha CM-500 headset, Kenwood TS-2000 with MC-60 Desk Mic, MFJ 989D legal limit tuner, 27” iMac computer. Ameritron AL-80B amp, patch bay, and Alpha Delta antenna switches and lightning arrestors tied into massive grounding system including 12 eight foot ground rods and 180’ of buried 1/2” copper tubing, which would act as great radials for a vertical shunt fed tower or wire antenna.
- TOWER 1: 108’ Rohn SSV self supporting tower with 10 element 2-meter horizontal beam, 5 element 2/70cm vertical, 20-6 meter Tennadyne T11 LPDA at 90’ makes for an awesome DX, contesting or ragchew station. HygainTailtwister rotator, VHF and UHF antennas fed with 1 5/8” hardline to a 6 position antenna switch. Forty meter rotatable dipole on stand-off at 74’
- TOWER 2: Second tower has TV antenna and 2/70cm/6m vertical Omni directional antenna at 60 feet.
- 160 meter antenna is a 529’ horizontal loop in 6 pine trees 90’ tall on a hilltop.
- Room to build almost any antenna conceivable.
- Asking $337,000
- Will consider selling completely furnished with personal property list upon request including lawn mower, tractor, Kawasaki ATV and more.
- Use Inquiry Form on this page to ask any questions you may have.
Get Notified of New Listings!
Enter email and click "Subscribe" and we'll send you an email each time a new home is listed!